In an age of plentiful refrigeration and high tech packaging it is possible to purchase a wide range of pre-made, pre-cut, pre-processed ingredients and even complete meals, ready to serve. In this post we look at some of the pro’s and con’s of purchasing pre-prepare ingredients/meals.
Pro’s of Out-sourcing
- Reduce labor. Suitably experienced staff are difficult to find and expensive to keep. With pre-prepared ingredients/meals it is possible to produce more meals with less staff.
- Reduce production space requirements
- Reduce amount of equipment required
Con’s of outsourcing
- Higher food costs
- Less control over quality
- Increased reliance on external suppliers
Out-sourcing may stack-up, depending on your business model.