5 Stock Rotation Tips
September 6, 2009
Stock Rotation protects your investment. Food Poisoning incidents can ruin the reputation of your establishment. Here’s 5 ways to promote stock rotation:
- FIFO (First In, First Out). This is a foundation rule of stock rotation: Use oldest items first.
- Put newly received goods to the back of the store to promote FIFO.
- Record the receipt-date and use-by date on goods as they are received.
- Record use-by date on non-perishables when they are opened.
- Record production-date and use-by dates on food prepared, that will not be served immediately.